[kde-promo] KDE 4 beta 4 :D

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Oct 29 13:19:30 CET 2007

On Sunday 28 October 2007 22:23:12 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> I've been rather late this time, but I've started the Beta 4 article -
> if anyone else has done the same, please tell me and let's work
> together!
>
> I won't be able to spend much time on it, so I need input from others.
>
> - first, something about Plasma (Aaron, others?)
> - secondly, some other improvements in KDE. Preferably short text, with
> links.
>
> I've written the 'intro' , 'outro' and skeleton, but the part in
> between I won't have much time for. There doesn't have to be much, but
> everything helps... For example, having a piece about the current list
> of showstoppers and their status would rock.
> ( http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Beta_Goals )
> that one won't be very hard, just email those mentioned on the page
> and ask them about the status and plans, and write something about it
> - try to be positive, and don't worry about wording and such, we can
> all help to improve it if that's needed.

> The current working version is attached, feel free to comment and send
> additions.

What's there looks rather good. With some boilerplate and a screenshot, it's
OK. We're not supposed to make huge changes, so let's not show those. I think
we should now be rather silently fixing bugs. The same goes for further -RC
releases.

Jos, can you send me the current version?

> BTW I bet we also need an article for the Development Platform... ???

I'll try to whip something up later today.

We will be doing both at the same time, tomorrow (Tuesday). I'd do both in
relative modesty, not too much havoc, probably not even lots of screenshots.

This paves the way for the final release, some silence before we get
everything out is in order, I think. We shouldn't swamp the press right now,
but deliver information about those finals well in time so everything is
prepared when we really release dot-0h.
--
sebas