Konqueror questions.

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Oct 1 17:52:05 CEST 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007 1:06:38 am Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25. September 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>
> > And if that's still not clear, that can well be because doing complex
> > sentences in english is not my strong point, i'll rephrase it.
> >
> > I have "hope" we can have them "working" for KDE 4.0
>
> I still don't get it. KDEPim 4. was not declared a show stopper for 4.0
> before. I agree that bugs in the libraries that are possibly exposed by
> kmail, but maybe also by other applications have to be fixed. but that is not
> the same level as saying "kmail is a ship stopper".
>
> There is nobody working on KDE Pim for 4.0, and with nobody working on it, the
> amount of time needed for getting it ready is definitely unpredictable.
>
> BTW: last time I tried to use kmail from KDE 4.0, it deleted all my folders. I
> was not too happy about that. (but I've learned meanwhile that for kmail, its
> always good to have backups).

Yes, we may have to remove KMail as a 4.0 showstopper.
We may have to remove kdepim entirely from the 4.0 release.

I don't know yet.

I was told several months ago that kdepim was going to receive
a large increase in manpower by now... not sure what happened.

Probably better to have people to use a reliable kmail3 under the kde4
desktop than having people lose data with a buggy kmail4.

other non-kmail apps in kdepim are looking pretty good, however.

-Allen