Questions About the New Schedule

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Oct 1 06:30:25 CEST 2007

On Saturday, 8. September 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> > 5)  Should language bindings be part of the development platform?
> > Richard Dale says "Python and Ruby in good shape by late October, and
> > possibly C# too."
>
> If Richard says he can do it, i say we can try it :-)

Thats not enough. somebody has at least to be able to confirm that the
bindings *compile*. right now, kdebindings does not compile, and after I
spent an hour or so looking, I'm sure that it can not compile for anyone at
all, given the fundamental bugs in the build system.

it is my understanding that Richard uses a completely different build system
to maintain the bindings, at least thats what he used to do in KDE3 times.
There has to be at least somebody who maintains the official build system,
and that person has to be != me.

Greetings,
Dirk