new showstopper in kdegames

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Nov 28 19:56:32 CET 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 28.11.07 12:13:44, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to add a new showstopper to the 4.0 release goals. lskat from
>>> kdegames is completely unusable since revision 731909.
>> Maybe I'm dense or naive or missing something, but an unusable *game*
>> being a release showstopper?
>
> Hmm, I guess it could as well just be disabled. But an application that
> can't be used, but is installed by default is a showstopper IMHO.

Fair enough.

I was just uncertain whether disabling individual broken apps was
something that the release-team even needed to be involved with (unless
module maintainers/developers are tardy/absent).

Apps that don't work shouldn't be shipped.  Is that something that even
needs to be explicitly documented as a showstopper?  I had hoped not,
but if doing so helps the process and clears any confusion, then let it
be so.

-- Rex