Showstoppers, was: Re: Fwd: Re: Release Mode

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 27 11:21:33 CET 2007

Thanks for the explanation, Jakob and others.

I'm trying to convert the information I've gathered into something that can be
used as canonical source for the release team, so please shout out loud if I
make incorrect assumptions.

On Friday 23 November 2007 02:51:08 Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Oxygen/namingSpec/apps#To_do_for_Oxygen

> @artists list:
> As those are considered showstoppers, I would ask you to put those
> preferences icons at the top of the icon priority list. Thanks!

From the list, it looks rather complete already. (And from using it, as well.)
I've seen that some blanks have been filled in recently. It would be good to
know where the artists see showstoppers currently. (Not only in icons, of
course.) Marking the items that you consider showstopper is definitely
helpful. Talking about other issues ...

Colors/Style/Windeco:
  - QToolBox (Can someone show me what's wrong? I fail to find the issue here)
  - contrast between active and inactive windows (#152030)
  - Missing pseudo schemes
  - Icons look rather complete?

KStandardAction, Toolbars:
  - showMenuBar only works with action in toolbar/menu #151421

KHTML:
  - Netscape plugin support needs Xt event loop integration
  - Buttons

Phonon:
  - Short sounds cut off, problem with ogg and wav codecs

Plasma:
  - Systray

Printing in Okular:
  - Really close to being done

Upstream:
  - Xine (not a complete fix available yet)
  - Qt (stylesheet problem, looks band-aided at least in konqi)

Relevant techbase pages:
- http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Beta_Goals
- http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/Upstream_Issues
- http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Oxygen/StyleWinDec

So this is what I've extracted from the recent flurry of emails, as I said,
shout if something's missing. I'll be putting this information into techbase
as soon as I find some more free minutes.

See, the list is getting shorter. Great work everyone involved in solving
issues that aren't there anymore. :-)
--
sebas