Removing kregexpedit and kcalc

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Nov 26 17:56:28 CET 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> As i said, it enters and endless loop on start, so i did not test anything.
>
> KNumber::operator quint64(void) const seems to call itself if you are on a
> 64 bit machine like i am.

So, how about debugging and fixing that issue?

I don`t like to drop kcalc now. For 4.1 we can decide for something else if
there is an alternative.

A (IMHO) better solution would be to get rid of KNumber and use the C++
library for big numbers. Also fixes a license problem (because GMP is GPLv3,
so legally its impossible to ship KCalc at the moment).

Dirk