Next Tagging

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Nov 14 01:28:42 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 November 2007 12:33:45 pm Tom Albers wrote:
> Op Tuesday 13 November 2007 16:52 schreef u:
> > Reading back on the "beta5 or rc1" thread it seems like most people
> > are for keeping to this schedule; i.e. no beta5.
>
> Just for the record, I don't agree to it. We've set up beta goals so we have
> a global idea about when we are ready for a rc. From the beta goals we
> have only reached one absolute go (Dolphin), the rest is still a showstopper
> or something in between.

Guys, I can't even log into a KDE4 desktop today after a complete rebuild.

No window manager, no desktop, no nothing.. except a totally black screen
and a lonely mouse cursor.

I'm back on KDE3.  And I will have to stay there until this situation is fixed.
Please delay the full RC1.

I won't be sending any Tagging or Message freezes.
I won't be doing any work at all on KDE4.
Not until I can login to KDE4 again.

-Allen