beta5 or rc1

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Nov 12 13:48:19 CET 2007

On Monday 12 November 2007 13:01:42 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Did we make oxygen (the style) a showstopper?  I thought we'd look at the
> > quality when nearing a release and just ship with plastique as default if
> > oxygen was not good enough.
>
> In the meantime oxygen was made the default in kdelibs, appparently
> #oxygen agreed that would be a good idea. Maybe that should be changed
> back...
>
> > Next to that; you should add your found bugs (or, missing feature ;) to
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Oxygen/StyleWinDec
>
> I think the known problems are already there, the problem is getting
> them fixed

To me it looks like all problems have been taken care of, but this one. Check
the page, in the known bugs section

- one showstopper attributed to Qt (I think a patch is already in qt-copy),
- one showstopper issue pending review of a patch by the KHTML team
- one issue is a pending review of color roles compliance
- one is the QToolBox issue

That's really 'only' two showstoppers left, I call this great progress. It'd
be stupid if we switched back to plastique. Oxygen is making excellent
progress, and it already feels much better than plastik in day-to-day usage.
--
sebas