beta5 or rc1

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Mon Nov 12 07:30:55 CET 2007

> Let's just do RC1 and get this thing out the door. I'm tired of
> watching the release date slip and we don't do anything for the
> project by allowing it to slip further.
>
> We _need_ to get a release out the door.

Wrong attitude at this point of time. We are almost there and don't need to
jump the gun (that's what you suggest).

Let's carefully review whether all showstoppers for an RC1 have been solved.
If this is the case then I'm indeed all for releasing RC1. If this is not the
case then we should either consider postponing tagging for a week or we
should just go for releasing Beta5 instead. At this point of time it's
clearly obvious that we don't need to fear that it will take eternally to get
KDE4 out of the door.

I think it would be helpful if the release dude would ask the people involved
with the last few showstoppers when those showstoppers will be fixed.
Based on that we should decide how to proceed. I remember that this was done
for earlier releases. It helped to make people commit themselves to get the
release out of the door soon while at the same time making sure that we'd
adhere to our quality standards.

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz