Fwd: Re: [Kde-cvs-announce] Dev Platform Tagging Freeze Next Week

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Wed Nov 7 23:17:32 CET 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 02:33:47PM +0100, Tom Albers wrote:
> > qca from current kdesupport trunk is working fine. I compile with it on a
> > daily basis. AFAIK, the only place QCA is currently used at the moment is in
> > kdenetwork for kopete. Perhaps we should let things stand as they are for now,
> > recommend the minimum to be 2.0.0 and reevaluate the issue when more modules
> > start to use it.
>
> Hehe, you did not read the message from Justin Karneges - 1st message in the thread. He actually hopes knowbody is using kdesupport/qca from trunk.

I did read the message. That is why I recommended we recommend that
people use QCA 2.0.0. Since it's already been released, why is this a
problem? Do you think that people will just check out the module from
svn or something? Why tag kdesupport in the first place? Everything
there has its own release schedule.
--
Matt