Fwd: Re: [Kde-cvs-announce] Dev Platform Tagging Freeze Next Week

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Nov 7 02:02:07 CET 2007

I didn't know this.
This could lead to all kinds of mess.

I wonder if we should svn copy kdesupport/qca kdesupport/qca2
and change the build instructions to say use qca2??

Comments?

Subject: Re: [Kde-cvs-announce] Dev Platform Tagging Freeze Next Week
Date: Tuesday 06 November 2007
From: Justin Karneges <justin at affinix.com>
To: Allen Winter <winter at kde.org>

Hi Allen,

qca-2.0.0 from kdesupport was released last month.  Since then, development
has moved forward in trunk.  Because of this, KDE should target the 2.0.0
release, not trunk.  If by "Tagging Freeze" you refer to svn tags, I don't
think it makes sense to tag the qca trunk.  If it gets tagged simply because
you are tagging kdesupport or some parent directory, then that's fine, but I
hope nobody would use the qca found in that tag then.

Additionally, the KDE4 build instructions [1] should not suggest using an svn
version of qca.  Instead, it should suggest release packages [2].

-Justin

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4
[2] http://delta.affinix.com/qca/