3.5 Branch

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri May 25 10:21:00 CEST 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007 00:26:44 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Thursday 24 May 2007 1:04:26 pm Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Am Thursday 24 May 2007 schrieb Allen Winter:
> > > Is the 3.5 branch open for new i18n strings yet?
> >
> > I personally would leave the 3.5 branch frozen for the next couple of
> > years.
>
> A fair answer.
> But something we should discuss and decide as soon as possible.
>
> If 3.5.8 won't be released until 2009, then why bother with it?
> Let's tell the enterprise folks that the 3.5.x series is done, put
> a lock on the branch repository, and move all our development
> resources into trunk.

Bugfixes should of course remain possible, it should be closed for features
though. KDE4.0 is close enough to do feature development there.

I think in general, applications should have started porting by now -- and
those who don't should get a clear signal to do so. (But that's more an
opinion about what to do with extragear, of course.)

--
sebas

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds