[NAG] Milestone: Subsystem Freeze

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 26 16:49:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Monday 26 March 2007 15:19, Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> The kdelibs subsystem freeze milestone is set for Sunday 1 April.
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Roadmap#Milestone:_Subsy
>stem_Freeze
>
> But toma and I want to move this forward 1 day to Monday 2 April.
> This way we can have 1 last "big changes Monday".
>
> The intention of this freeze is:
>  1.  stop making big changes to kdelibs so we can get on with apps work
>  2.  stop making big changes to kdelibs because it is time to stop
> tinkering 3.  stop making big changes to kdelibs so apps folks can stop
> porting and start working on neat, new features
>
> Also from this point forward we wanted to set a maximum cmake version
> requirement. But maybe we should wait on that??

You mean the cmake version required for KDE 4.0 ?
Although currently I don't see the need to require something newer than 2.4.5,
problems may appear anytime unexpectedly.

Especially there might be problems on platfoms != Linux, they are not very
widely used for KDE4 yet, so IMO we can't fix the cmake version for *all*
supported platforms yet.

Alex