[RFC] Draft Roadmap for KDE 4.0

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Mar 8 10:09:08 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 18:46:35 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> What's the problem with waiting with the announcement until we know what
> the reaction from the community is and we were able to incorporate
> feedback.

The thing is that we want to avoid third parties to do their own
interpretations of the release schedule, this often ends up in misinformation
which is hard to get right again.

We need to set correct expectation as early as possible, otherwise people will
react disappointed, and that something I'd rather avoid.

We can wait a bit, but preferably not too long.
--
sebas

Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation
that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing
falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any
refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war
is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process
of grotesque self-deception. - Mark Twain