[RFC] Draft Roadmap for KDE 4.0

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Mar 7 18:46:35 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 18:32, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2007 18:24:27 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 March 2007 18:11, Tom Albers wrote:
> > > Ok. I don't think I'm any good in writing a dot article anticipating on
> > > that. How should we proceed with that?
> >
> > Shouldn't we wait with the dot article until the plan was presented on
> > core-devel and fedback from the community was incorporated? Announcing
> > something and then having to change it and announce it again sounds like
> > a bad idea to me.
>
> We won't know when the actual release is until it's released. Every roadmap
> we make is a preliminary one, and it'll be announced as that.
>
> Does that address your concerns?

No. Announcing the schedule on the dot without giving the community an
opportunity to comment before would be pretty bad style for my taste.

Of course the schedule might change later, because we realize over time that
some things need more time than expected etc., but it really shouldn't change
because you forgot to ask the people whose software you will release before
announcing the schedule.

What's the problem with waiting with the announcement until we know what the
reaction from the community is and we were able to incorporate feedback.