[RFC] Draft Roadmap for KDE 4.0

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Mar 6 22:04:22 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 21:58, Alexander Dymo wrote:

> Sorry, Coolo ;) I can't stop too. Seriously, who wants KDE 4.0 with
> unfinished BIC kdelibs with no applications? Users? They won't care about
> the desktop without applications. Application developers? They don't need a
> release to be productive, just more or less stable environment.

3rd party application developers need a stable release. Otherwise they won't
be able to release their applications, because the libraries they depend on
aren't available at least not as stable versions.

There are application developers which go for pure Qt versions of their
applications and stop using KDE for that reason. That's really nothing we
want to see.