[ANNOUNCE]: Updated KDE4.0 Release Roadmap

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Jun 23 18:33:15 CEST 2007

On Saturday 23 June 2007 16:53:35 Allen Winter wrote:
> The Release Team officially announces the following changes
> to the KDE4.0 Release Roadmap [1]:
>
> * 27 June: Alpha2 Tagging
> * 24 July: Core Libs API Freeze (includes kdesupport, kdelibs, kdepimlibs)
> * 25 July: Beta1 Tagging
>
> Basically, we are adding another alpha release and moving the
> first beta forward a month.  Also, we are extending the API freeze 1 month.
>
> This coming Monday 25 June is the last BIC Monday before the alpha2
> tagging.
>
> -Allen, KDEPIM Release Dude

Thanks Allen!

> [1]
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Roadmap

Should we run a dot story on this? Tenor would be "Release schedule changed,
planned Beta will be called Alpha2 since it's not feature-complete, planend
release date is still late October / early November"

I'm not sure how to explain that we'll basically have one month less frozen /
bugfix period, any ideas?
--
sebas

A day without sunshine is like a day without orange juice.