Beta1 and kdelibs Freeze

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jun 14 15:29:20 CEST 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 15:04:41 Allen Winter wrote:
> Dirk can do the tagging either Monday 25 June or Wednesday 27 June.
> If we go with the 27th, then we can squeeze in one more BIC Monday.
> But that is really cutting it close.

Basically, we have the following options:

a) tagging on monday, 25th (release during aKademy, no BIC monday)
b) tagging later that week (wednesday or thereafter, BIC monday, release
   during aKademy)
c) shift beta1 to after aKademy (say two days after)

I'm not sure of the following:

- How important is that last BIC monday?
- How much work is the tagging itself?
- How much mess causes aKademy for the code?
- Does tagging during aKademy make sense?

Releasing beta1 during aKademy can give us a bit more publicity, but is more
messy in terms of communication. I'd also rather use the (expensive face)time
in Glasgow for other things than fixing webpages for the beta release.
--
sebas

It is now proved beyond doubt that smoking is one of the leading causes of
statistics. - Knebel's Law