tagging beta1

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Jul 27 10:30:10 CEST 2007

On Friday 27 July 2007 07:57:52 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> People: what are the cool things you want listed in the changelog? What
> are we definitively going to do for 2.0 final that we want people to
> focus on instead of the bugs and gaps?

I think it warrents repeating that the reason we are making this release
is mostly to get new developers and bugreports, showcasing our product is
a distant second. So while its ok to give a plan or strategy the
changelog should be about what we already have in this (alpha) release,
not what we plan to have done in a future final release.

Exactly because we *want* people to focus on bugs and gaps. Its an alpha
release and there is no need to hide it is incomplete, buggy and in need
of lots of love.

So the message IMO is;
 "this is an incomplete version, try it out and see the great promise this
product has, find a piece that you think is worth hacking on and join
us."

--
Thomas Zander