tagging beta1

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Jul 27 10:16:31 CEST 2007

On Friday 27 July 2007 01:24:31 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Thanks, Dirk :>

Thanks from me too :)

> Is someone from the KOffice team on this list? Are there some
> changelogs for KOffice, maybe an overview of what changed, what the
> status is and what plans there are.

Not really changelogs, as Boud also noted.  While it may be alpha2 we
never found the tarballs for alpha1.  Which was silly as dirk placed them
in the latest dir. I was just looking for a top-level koffice dir.

Anyway; its the first public release and I hope we can have a nice part of
the announcement for us (or, if the pr team thinks its better, have a
separate announcement on the dot).

Some words;

KOffice2-alpha-2 is a release showing the integration of various
KOffice-wide technologies with Flake[1] as its centerpoint. KOffice is
already showing much better integration between applications and a more
seemless shift from one application to the next.

KWord has received a new text engine for better printing and WYSIWYG
support and continually increasing support for fonts through work in Qt.
KWord now can host vector art on its pages as well as bitmaps, it does
text-runaround for non-square frames and has much improved support for
right-to-left scripts.

Cheers!

1) http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Flake
--