KJSEmbed removal part 2

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jul 25 00:59:27 CEST 2007

Richard Moore wrote:
>On 7/24/07, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
>> Richard Moore wrote:
>> >
>> >Can't we just make it a non installed set of headers and only install
>> > the .so?
>>
>> No. Otherwise we need to keep the library, even if it's dummy and
>> empty.
>
>Could you explain why? i really don't understand.

On second thought, I take that back.

It was about using the libraries brought in by another. That is, if you
link to -lkio and use kdeui symbols today (and that works), it should
keep on working tomorrow.

If the library's headers is not installed and there's no .la file
mentioning kjsembed, it won't be a problem to remove it later.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358