Are We Ready? Beta1 vs. Alpha3

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Jul 23 10:13:21 CEST 2007

Am Montag 23 Juli 2007 schrieb Allen Winter:

> But maybe I'm wrong.  Are we beta quality??
The libs on UNIX sure are. It's just tough to release only libs as final if we
haven't software to test it with. Then again: tons of other libs are doing it
all the time ;)

It just would be a very first for KDE to release kdelibs only. But if you set
the desktop aside (which is for sure our main asset if you remember what KDE
stands for :), you have e.g. games that are already excellent and the bugs
in there you find are beta bugs, not alpha bugs.

I'd still vote for another alpha from what I hear, but Cornelius is right: we
need to make sure that we're saying we're delaying for the desktop not the
libs.

Greetings, Stephan