kdenetwork: KRDC

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sun Jul 22 23:58:18 CEST 2007

Op za 21 jul 2007 15:02 schreef u:
> Now I would like to know what you think about this issue: Better have a broken
> app in kdenetwork 4.0 (where we know what not works for sure), or have a new
> (working) app (that is probably not that good tested)?

Hi,

Today I installed your version and I'm impressed. It looks fresh and neat and it works even better. I've a couple of questions/remarks:

app related:
- the tabs work nicely, but it's not KDE-standard. Why not add the default 'new' tab button and show the 'what do you want to do' screen on that new screen and replace it with the connection when an host is entered. But not a big point, it works ;-)

- the connectionproperties could contain fields for the username and password maybe, saves a load of popups

- a quick connect bookmark list would be nice. i regularry connect to the same hosts with different ip-addresses, with a bookmark system i could just give them decent names, and i dont have to lookup the ip-address.

release-team related:
- is there a current maintainer of the existing krdc? And if yes, what are his feelings about replacing it?

- will you be maintaining the new krdc after the gsoc project is over?

In any case I'm in favor of replacing the existing krdc, this one is ten times better - at least.

Toma