[kde-ev-marketing] the "gamma" proposal - details that need working out

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Jul 10 21:16:30 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 3:02:54 pm Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> >the aim is to create a 4.0 release in october (or whenever it is
> >deemed "ready") without an official "to the rest of the world"
> > announcement. this allows us to push 4.0 out to the community -and-
> > create a media event on a day we can count on (e.g. past the day of
> > scheduled release)
>
> I thought that was the plan all along. Why are we arguing about it then?
>
> Release Team gets code ready and tells Marketing Team: "here, release it
> when you find the best time for it".

Right.  Seems that nobody is recommending we change any of
the milestone dates.  So, as far as I'm concerned, we are still
on target to tag something called KDE 4.0.0 on 23 October
and I'm happy to let the MWG manage the expectations
in any way they deem appropriate.

I think I understand now.  I was *so* confused by the initial messages
in the thread.

-Allen