KDE/kdenetwork/kget/transfer-plugins/bittorrent

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Thu Dec 20 18:02:06 CET 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007, Lukas Appelhans wrote:

> *Make GeoIP-things working
> *Remember Column-Width in Advanced-Details

a) this is a major new feature. We're in release freeze now

b) MaxData geoip database is under 4-clause BSD license. This is incompatible
with KDE's licensing policy (both old and the new one which is currently
drafted).

c) The RIPE data is copyrighted and not licensed under a permissive license.
As such, it can not be distributed together with KDE.

I would like to request you to reconsider and remove this code, at least for
4.0.

Thanks,
Dirk