What to do about Kompare?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Dec 13 14:49:08 CET 2007

On 13.12.07 07:10:20, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2007, at 5:53 AM, John Tapsell wrote:
>
> > +1 vote for not including and having a 4.1 release within 3-4 months
> > of 4.0.  I think everyone can be satisfied with that.
>
> I'm not. :P You get basically two months to develop and add new
> features and that's quite crazy. If we do this, you once again leave
> out KDevelop and kdewebdev from the release because i don't think
> those are going to be ready in 3-4 months. You also leave out a
> significantly better version of Kopete since all the new stuff we
> want to do for that (which is currently planned for 4.1) won't get
> done either.

I'm with Matt here, the same applies to kompare as I doubt everything
thats needed can be done in just two months (also looking at the fact
that I won't have much time for hacking myself until may).

I think a 6 month timeframe is better for the 4.1 release.

Andreas

--
You will meet an important person who will help you advance professionally.