What to do about the newssl branch?

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Wed Dec 12 21:51:05 CET 2007

Op Wednesday 12 December 2007 20:30 schreef u:
> On Wednesday 12 December 2007 20:15:18 Allen Winter wrote:
> > > That'd be awesome. I take it that there are no other showstoppers in PIM
> > > then?
> >
> > I don't want to give the impression this would remove the only showstopper
> > in KDEPIM. Even with the fixes from newssl, I very much doubt KDEPIM would
> > be in releasable state by early Jan. So.. let's not base the decision
> > solely on how it affects KDEPIM.
>
> Ok, but then the konqueror (and of course kio in general) problems we
> currently have are pretty grave on their own ...

Do we have an overview, idea of the problems it would solve for konq /  kio ?

Personnaly I think I would prefer to include it for 4.1, although I love to have it, so I can use it in Mailody ;-)

New code at this time in the release is getting pretty silly, unless we do at least another release candidate.

Toma