What to do about Kompare?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Dec 11 21:59:01 CET 2007

A Dimarts 11 Desembre 2007, Matt Rogers va escriure:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 05:08:09 Tom Albers wrote:
> > Op Tuesday 11 December 2007 03:14 schreef u:
> > > If Kevin wants to take over maintenance, that's fine, but making
> > > Kompare ready for KDE 4.0 seems like a goal not reachable considering
> > > when the release is going to be.
> >
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > Seeing the recent mail about the current state of Kompare from Kevin,
> > which basically tells us it is working and he seems to want to actively
> > maintain the app, do you still have the same opinion? I agree it's pretty
> > late, but if there is an active maintainer and the current stat is ok, I
> > feel we should give Kevin the chance (and motivation) to work on it and
> > include it in four point oh.
> >
> > Toma
>
> Yes, I still have the same opinion. It's too late. We've already tagged RC2
> and the full release is in less than a month. We need to quit making last
> minute changes like this. What happened to being in "release mode"?
>
> We quit adding new applications to KDE 4.0 months ago. I don't see how
> resurrecting old ones that were previously disabled is any different.

I'm with Matt here, as much as i'd love a kompare on KDE 4.0 we began removing
unmaintained games and not allowing new ones in kdegames quite a time ago,
actually when the schedule said so, so if we had applied the the same rule to
kdesdk, kompare would have been out of KDE 4.0 already months ago.

Albert