What to do about Kompare?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Dec 11 20:40:38 CET 2007

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 10:07:09 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2007 14:10:36 Matt Rogers wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 December 2007 05:08:09 Tom Albers wrote:

> > However, seeing as the change has already been made, it doesn't really
> > matter anyways and I have no legs to stand on for an argument anymore. It
> > would have been nice if there had been a 24 hour wait period for feedback
> > after the initial mail that Allen sent. --
>
> That would be good practise. We ended up doing the same 24 hours grace period
> for decisions in the Marketing Team as well, it adds a bit of safety to those
> taking decisions, which I think is a good thing.

Agree.
And I apologize.  I wanted to strike while the iron was hot.
Kevin was very eager and I wanted to take advantage of his enthusiasm.

I was notified about the Kompare vs. 3_way_kompare controversy only a few days ago
and felt that quick action was called for in this case.  But I should have waited
for responses from the team before proceeding.

-Allen, wearing the dunce cap again today