What to do about Kompare?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Dec 11 06:06:48 CET 2007

On Tuesday 11 December 2007, Matt Rogers wrote:
> We're in a freeze. We should have been asking for help with apps that
> have no maintainer a month ago. Kompare needs to be left out of the
> 4.0 release.

While I understand your concerns, can we please be a little less pedantic? You
can have my word that Kompare with my patches is very solid already, no
crashes, no UI ugliness, few to no bugs, and if any bugs show up, I'll fix
them. Kompare is a small application, there aren't many menu items, I went
through them all and tried them and whatever problems I found are fixed now.
Also a missing Kompare would be a regression from KDE 3.

Translations are a non-issue, Kompare has always been translated even when not
built, see e.g.:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kde4/de/messages/kdesdk/kompare.po?view=log
I did not add a single translatable string.

And I already requested my SVN account and bugs.kde.org permissions with the
sysadmins, so that should be taken care of soon too.

        Kevin Kofler