What to do about Kompare?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Dec 11 01:04:00 CET 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007 18:18:04 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Excellent.  Great News!
> > Then I suggest you:
> >  1)  commit your patches into kdesdk/kompare
> >  2) uncomment the add_subdirectory(kompare) line in kdesdk/CMakeLists.txt
>
> I need SVN commit access for that first.

Ok, I committed your patch in the meantime.
kompare now exists in KDE4.0!

Please send an account request to sysadmin at kde.org according to the
instructions at http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account

Tell them you just became the kompare maintainer and you have a lot to do.
Also ask them to make you the new owner of the kompare product on bugs.kde.org so
you can manage kompare bugs.

> > Oh,... but before doing that... any idea how many new i18n() strings are in
> > your patches?
>
> I don't think they are any, I hope I haven't missed some, but I'm not aware of
> having added any strings which weren't already there before (assuming the
> directory still got translated even when not built - did it?).

Let's not worry then.  Not until the translators scream that a new app just arrived.
Yikes!

Welcome Aboard Kevin!