KCalc's Future

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Dec 8 20:40:59 CET 2007

On Saturday 08 December 2007 20:00:08 Allen Winter wrote:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> You are listed in kdeutils/AUTHORS as the maintainer for KCalc.
>
> Speaking for the KDE 4 Release Team.. I am wondering what
> your plans are for KCalc in KDE4.   There has been a lot of
> mail going on in kde-core-devel discussing some critical
> issues with KCalc

There have? Can you provide me with a link since I can't find any such
mails...
I tried a full-text search on 'kcalc' in kmail.

> and we haven't heard from you.

There was one thread on this list which grossly overstated problems (none
actually exist anymore) for the app, I didn't expect any mails from bernd
myself.

So, either I'm missing various mails, and in effect the reason for your
mail, or this is based on some misunderstandings.

In my tests kcalc from svn fits the role of a general purpose desktop
calculator perfectly. So your mail surprises me, I'm not sure there is a
strong need for a maintainer. Its got well below the average amount of
bugs (22)

*confused*
--
Thomas Zander