kde4 beta2 release (2)

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Aug 22 20:00:22 CEST 2007

(CC-ing to kdebindings which I just forgot before, sorry).

On Wednesday 22 August 2007, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 August 2007, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 22. August 2007, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> > > may you have an idea if we are able to provide also a beta2 release of
> > > kdebindings as part of the kde4 beta2? I am mainly thinking here of;
> > > * ruby/krossruby
> > > * python/krosspython
> > > * maybe also ruby/QtRuby +Korundum +QtRubyPlasma (including smoke)?!
> >
> > the module doesn't build, which makes it quite difficult to release.
> > Thats why it wasn't included in beta1.
>
> Could you please provide more details what exactly does not build since for
> me it works fine and cause I would like to fix any problems to have a
> release of that module as well. Very much thanks in advance :)

btw, compared to KDE3 there was a little restructuring in kdebindings. So,
kdebindings looks now like;
* kdebindings/ruby/QtRuby
* kdebindings/ruby/krossruby
* kdebindings/python/krosspython
* kdebindings/csharp/qyoto
* kdebindings/csharp/kimono
etc.

that means, that the code got splitted into subdirectories. The idea here was
to allow to provide an easy optional way to split it into e.g. a
kdebindings-ruby, kdebindings-python and kdebindings-csharp modules.

In any case, if there are any problems that may prevent a release it would be
pretty cool to know about them cause else it's hard to fix them :)