Alpha1 warmup

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Apr 24 13:13:45 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 12:13:18 Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Montag 23 April 2007 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> > On Monday 23 April 2007 12:19:51 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > > are there any plans for the Alpha1 warmup? Who prepares an
> > > announcement? Regarding tagging, I might not be online on May 1st, so
> > > I'd have to shift it to May 2nd. Also, next monday shouldn't really be
> > > break-a-kdelibs-day imho.
> >
> > Is May 2nd tagging, so that we'd release alpha1 on May 9th or is that
> > different for the trunk/ stuff? May 8th would be KDE 3.5.7.
> >
> > That's a lot to announce then :-)
>
> Just to be clear: you had your chance to move 3.5.7 and no-one beside Allen
> complained :)

I don't think marketing / promo should set release schedules. But having two
weeks between those release would certainly help to promote it well.

> As translators found their issues with the schedule too, we can move 3.5.7
> one or two weeks. Keeping KDE4 rolling sounds more important in the current
> situation.

I wouldn't have an issue with that. (And I too think that focus should be on
KDE4.) :-)
--
sebas

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds