Final Applications Date?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Apr 5 16:01:00 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 03 April 2007 9:44:25 pm Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 April 2007, Allen Winter wrote:

> > > Although Albert's explanation of the kdegames situation is that the
> > > games should be in kdereview by 10th May, and in kdegames by 1 week
> > > before 1st June (25th May).
> >
> > Ah, right.  I misunderstood.
> >
> > How about:
> >     New apps for KDE4.0 must be committed into either kdereview or kdefoo
> > by 8 May. No new apps can be added to kdefoo after 1 June.
> >     extragear is not part of this plan
> >
> > kdefoo is a main application module, i.e, foo = {accessibility, addons,
> > admin, base, edu, games...}
> >
> > Comments? Objections?
>
> "new apps" == "old apps needing to be ported to kde4" ?  =;)
>
> So we need to get kpilot ported to kde4 by 5/8?  or by 6/1?

On 8 May 2007 ALL applications expected to be released with KDE 4.0 must:
+ use the new cmake buildsystem
+ compile with Qt4.3 and the kdelibs trunk.
    Using Q3Support and/or kde3support is ok, though not desired
+ have a handbook (something, at least describe what the app does)

On 8 May 2007 New applications must be committed into kdereview.

On 8 May 2007 Resurrected applications (like kpilot) must be committed
back into their main kdefoo module

On 1 June 2007 any new application from kdereview must be in place in their
main kdefoo module.

How's that?
-Allen