[rekonq] Google Bookmarks Sync

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 03:11:50 UTC 2012

On 6 June 2012 10:08, Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 June 2012 08:05, Rohan Garg <rohangarg at kubuntu.org> wrote:
>> Can't be, I've used them with KDE Telepathy and it just works, as do all my
>> android devices.
>
> Actually its probably because  Telepathy is using a std internet
> protocol (Jabber) which like SMTP, POP & IMAP doesn't have support for
> google 2-step auth built in, whereas the google api's do.

Ok, I looked up the docs and took a look at the src.

1. I hadn't realised that google bookmark sync is not an official API,
and is not officially documented but has been reverse engineered. I
presume you're using the docs from:

    http://code.google.com/p/gmarks-android/wiki/BookmarksAPI

or some such.

2. Since the sync is being done using a hidden web browser app
specific passwords will not work.

--
Lindsay