[rekonq] 64 bit flash

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 12:33:29 UTC 2012

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 03:53:05 AM David Narvaez wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM, Lindsay Mathieson

> Answered in the KDevelop thread you started.

Yup, thanks

> <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Both with trunk and 0.81, on 64 bit kubuntu rekonq crashes very rapidly
> > with any page containing flash - is this a known issue?
>
> Flash has been odd lately on my 64 bit system too.

Its been extremely consistent on my last 3 64 bit setups - Kubuntu 11.04,
11.10 & 12.04. These were all fresh installs.

I can reliably reproduce it everytime with this site:
  http://www.salon.com

It fails exactly at the 90% loaded mark.

Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_set_back_pixmap: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW
(window)' failed

Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_window_get_origin: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)'
failed

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: instance with invalid (NULL) class pointer

GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_handlers_destroy: assertion
`G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
*** Program received signal SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ***

The same happens with konqueror using webkit - I presume its either a problem
in webkit or in the kpart wrapper

Just checked with arora (pure QT) - it fails, same error at 90% as well, so it
must be webkit itself.

Trouble is, I need to use websites with flash enabled, which renders rekonq
not useful for me. I wonder if its is possible to develop a work around

--
Lindsay