[rekonq] 0.8 beta in one week (or so)

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:23:39 UTC 2011

Hi all,
just a short notice here to say I'm going to release 0.8 beta in one week.
This will probably contain the actual code plus (eventually) these merge
requests:
- Unify reloading methods... (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102481/)
- change "Paste & go" ... (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102441/)
- highlight host... (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102402/)
- optionally close window... (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102478/)
- open links from external... (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102330/)

I'm not aware of other part of code (enough small) to be merged in time for
beta release.
I expect after its beta release a full month of hard debugging/bugfixing of the
actual code to release a super strong tested new version, so please spend some
time of your (programming) day, reading bugs opened in bugzilla
(https://bugs.kde.org) and help closing/fixing them.

Release 0.8 will be targetted against QtWebkit 2.0 as there is no enough time
to test it against a released new QtWebKit.
I'm planning to release a 0.9 new one around Christmas, with these main news:
- QtWebKit 2.2 full tested (and hopefully required)
- Tirtha's GSOC about tabs handling
- a stable "sync" feature
Eventually some initial job will start about a plugin support mechanism.

Here you are, plans releaved :)
Please, help me reporting, testing, fixing bugs around master code.

Cheers,

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org