[rekonq] An intuitive 'new tab' behaviour

Tirtha Chatterjee tirtha.p.chatterjee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 22:20:22 CEST 2011

Currently Rekonq allows the option ReKonfig::openTabsNearCurrent() ,
which when set to true, causes tabs to be opened just next to the
current tab, and if false, causes the tab to be added at the end. It
is counter-intuitive(yes, even if he set the setting himself) for the
user when he clicks on the 'add tab' button that appears at the end of
the tab strip, and sees a tab open nowhere close to it.

Both chrom* and Firefox currently give us a different default
behaviour - it opens tabs next to the current when we open the tab by
clicking on a link, and it opens at the end when we click on the 'add
tab' button. This is the way most users expect tabs to behave, and IMO
is the most intuitive way of doing it. I propose to incorporate this
as a third behavioural option. Comments and feedback please.

--
Tirtha Chatterjee
KDE developer