[rekonq] Re: [GSoC] Plasma integration

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 11 13:34:11 CET 2011

Le vendredi 11 février 2011 00:50:58, Benjamin Poulain a écrit :
> On 02/10/2011 11:29 PM, ext Jon Ander Peñalba wrote:
> > [1]
> > http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas#Project:_Plasma_KPart_for_Rekonq
>
> I have read this and I am like ... what's the point?

I proposed this gsoc because I think we must test this direction. I am still
not sure it is the right direction but we must test it.

> In my opinion, Plasma is already too heavy, by trying to do everything,
> it does not do a single thing right.

what make plasma too heavy ?

> So I think the questions are really:
> -How will that benefit our users?

From the begining of the new tab page development we failed to propose a
customizable space.

> -How that will make our life easier to develop the project?

We decided to use html because it was easy to customize. In fact it was not so
easy because many things was done in the C++ code of Rekonq.
Pierre is improving it with javascript. It means it will be as hard as develop
data engines and plasmoids.

Lionel.