[rekonq] rekonq 0.6.80

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:53:38 CET 2011

Hi all,

You may have just noticed I released rekonq 0.6.80! Kudos to all the developers involved!
You know better than me that the most important improvements for the 0.7 series are:

- OpenSearch support (XML & JSON parsers)
- Better cache management (WebKit Page Cache feature support)
- enhanced Private Browsing mode (needs KDE SC 4.6)
- new restore session notification system
- Images in visual suggestions
- Various improvements in bookmarks management
- Optional tab list menu entry
- User Agent switch support
- Save zoom settings per host

It's time now to stop for a while (a month or so) feature development and run bugfixing all the fixable bugs!!
To do so, start taking confidence with the beast: http://bugs.kde.org, start selecting rekonq bugs and take care of them.
If you find a bug you think it HAS TO BE FIXED for 0.7, but you cannot to, just target it for 0.7 to ensure someone (at least... me!)
will work on it.

If you can and want help more than this, try implementing an automatic test. Check the src/tests dir to have some hints or ask me in IRC.
It's not that difficult and having them (obviously, more is better) will save us a lot of pain and (hopefully) same regressions.

Finally, if you compile rekonq on your own, please remember to gift us a "make Experimental" between your "make" and your "sudo make install", doing:

$ cmake ...
$ make
$ make Experimental
$ sudo make install

This will execute ALL the automatic tests and send results to our cdash server (http://my.cdash.org/submit.php?project=rekonq)

Many thanks to all people here reading this
and accompanying me in this amazing rekonq adventure!

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org