[rekonq] quit vs. close

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 07:34:52 UTC 2011

On Friday 19 August 2011 07:39:47 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Friday 19 August 2011 00.51.35 you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 August 2011 15:33:05 Thomas Zander wrote:
> > > hi all,
> > >
> > > I jumped on IRC today after noticing the new way that rekonq handles
> > > its quit action.
> > > I talked to Felix Rohrbach about it a little and we ended up mostly
> > > agreeing but he wanted me to write an email here to at least get the
> > > Ok
> > > from Andrea Diamantini.
> >
> > Ehi, I was out on holidays just 4 days. You explicitely asked for my
> > comment but pushed your changes in (less than) 4 hours.
> > Is this a "clean" way to do?
>
> Hi Andrea, sorry for the surprise.
>
> I have to point out that the email I sent was the 16th at 15:33 CET and the
> commit was pushed at;
>
> $ ssh git at git.kde.org who-pushed rekonq
> e00fb6a48ca506990e86ada7c2fbfd57f65b2fa1 2011-08-17.19:14:28 zander
> 89.253.119.50 W dbbea3ebeb5f2d e00fb6a48ca506 rekonq refs/heads/master
> refs/.*
>
> So 28 hours later. I was unaware of your holidays and with that 28 hours
> sounds more "clean", I hope?

Out of topic...

$ git show e00fb6a48ca506990

commit e00fb6a48ca506990e86ada7c2fbfd57f65b2fa1
Author: Thomas Zander <zander at kde.org>
Date:   Tue Aug 16 15:18:02 2011 +0200

Long story short,  I confused the commit date with the push one :)

So, back to the topic. I have no big pros/cons about the "general" behavior,
that is the quit action closing the current window or the whole app. But,
having tested this in these months, I can say I like the optional check
changed in the queryClose:
- In rekonq 0.7 we warned the user on window close if he has more than one tab
open. I think that 99% of the users consider this check boring.
- In rekonq master, until 2 days ago, on quit action, if you have just 1
window open it simply closes. If you have more than one, you are asked about
closing all them or simply closing the current one. It just works for me.

Please also consider that, as tab history saving will be pushed on master this
morning, the 1% of users who have closed by mistake window instead of tab can
resurrect all the others just restarting rekonq :)

WEB: http://rekonq.kde.org