[rekonq] Spell Checker Integration Proposal

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 05:48:19 CEST 2011

As I mentioned earlier, I'm integrating inline spell checking into
QtWebKit. However, that is only the inline/continuous spellchecking.
Rekonq, like konqueror will need a UI to compliment it.

To that end I'd like to suggest the following:

When a Edit Field is right clicked add to the main context menu:
1. "Check Spelling ..." - start a std KDE modeless spell checker on the text
2. "Auto Spell Check" - toggles spell checking on/off

When a misspelled word is clicked show a new Context Menu:
1. A list of possible replacements
2. "Ignore" - ignores the word
3. "Add to Dictionary"

Relatively trivial changes and not actually dependent on the inline
spell checking being there in QtWebKit. I'd be happy to implement this
in a Rekonq clone and submit it for review.

Cheers,

--
Lindsay