[rekonq] Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] rekonq 0.6 stable release

andrea diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 17:11:38 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: andrea diamantini <adjam7 at gmail.com>
Date: 2010/9/15
Subject: Re: [rekonq] [ANNOUNCE] rekonq 0.6 stable release
To: benjamin.poulain at nokia.com

2010/9/13 <benjamin.poulain at nokia.com>

Hi,

> > In this period, due to the "programming speed" we had to fight with a lot
> of regressions, most coming from my "no-one-else-checked" commits (sorry),
> some
> > others coming here and there from your patches.
>
> Maybe it is time to introduce systematic code review? That could help to
> spread the knowledge about the code base, help to reduce the regressions,
> and two people are able to fix regressions instead of one.
>
> Rekonq is not really a toy project anymore, and I feel it could benefit
> from reviews.

I think something has to be done, yes. Are you suggesting something you just
use (eg: in Qt, QtWebKit)?
There are also a bunch of "orthogonal" problems (are they really?) about I'd
like to consider:
1) the imminent move (November, 2010) to a new platform (git.kde.org).
2) Maintain the lowest possible entering barriers. It seems that git +
gitorious merge requests system are the best tool for. IMHO it's not the
same in the actual KDE reviewboard. But I hope it is so just because of
SVN...
3) The necessity to maintain a sort of control on the introduction of new
features.