[rekonq] Re: YouTube videos do not display unless embedded

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Wed Oct 20 11:51:23 CEST 2010

On 10/19/2010 09:59 PM, ext Shane Lazar wrote:
> The YouTube bug still persists in the latest rekonq build I did from GIT
> last night. The problem seems to appear only on the YouTube site. I am
> running Flash 10.2.161.23 64bit on Arch Linux. The problem is present
> even if I run Flash 10.1 32bit in nsplugin wrapper.
>
> I made a short screen capture demonstrating the problem. Audio works
> well even on YouTube... I just had my headphones plugged in. You can see
> that YouTube videos on YouTube do not work, but work when embedded e.g.
> in Google Buzz and also Vimeo works.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QIc54TWbVY
>
> If you need more info, do let me know.

This is very unlikely a bug of Rekonq. It is likely a bug in the Flash
plugin or in QtWebKit.

Any chance you could try with WebKit trunk? Here are the information to
build WebKit: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingQtOnLinux

If you can reproduce the bug with WebKit trunk, you can create a bug
report on bugs.webkit.org. If you do, please send the bug number on this
mailing list so we can have a look immediately.

cheers,
Benjamin