[rekonq] Re: Kubuntu's Rekonq Wishlist

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 19:25:48 CET 2010

On Friday 19 November 2010 16:22:21 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 04:16:18PM +0100, Jon Ander Pe?alba wrote:
> >      '''Wishlist items'''
> >
> >       * release schedule in line with Kubuntu?
> >
> >    I'm totally against this.
> >    At our current state of development I think that we shouldn't have a
> >    fixed 6 months release. But if we ever decide to do so, we should
> >    schedule in line with KDE, not a specific distribution.
>
> In line with KDE SC would be good too.  This is a wishlist from us, if
> you don't wish the same that's entirely understandable.  But we are
> the only distro to ship Rekonq as default so if you are interested in
> having people using it, it would seem sensible to make sure you don't
> have a release schedule that would for example just miss getting onto the
> Kubuntu CD.

I think that the easiest way to preserve release freedom (for us) and having
good releases when needed (for you and all the others) is an easy task to
solve.
I'll simply announce here a lot of time before intentions, so that if there
are specific needs we'll have time to take care of. As happened with 0.6.

Cheers,