[rekonq] OT (ish) : Inline Spell Checker in WebKit

Benjamin Poulain benjamin.poulain at nokia.com
Mon May 31 10:40:46 CEST 2010

ext Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Not really rekonq's problem I know, this is one for the webkit devs - but does
> anyone know if there's plans to add a in-line spell checker (or hooks for) to
> qtwebkit? I've searched but haven't seen anything.

This should be done in QtWebKit.

I guess it needs a plugin system to load a spell checker so it is cross
platform.

It would be useful if Rekonq had a page somewhere describing new APIs
that could be useful in QtWebKit. So the developers of QtWebKit could
know what is asked for each iteration.

Arora has such page: http://code.google.com/p/arora/wiki/MissingQtWebKitAPI

cheers,
Benjamin