[rekonq] ProgressBar solid color

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri May 28 12:30:18 CEST 2010

On Thursday 27 May 2010 11:31:02 Panagiotis Papadopoulos wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 27 Mai 2010, 10:42:00 schrieb Johannes Zellner:
> > On Thursday 27 May 2010 02:41:16 Andrea Diamantini wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > Can someone please take a look at Mr. Gwenview patch against urlbar? :)
> > > (http://gitorious.org/rekonq/mainline/merge_requests/2282)
> > >
> > > I think that such change needs a bit of discussion. But please, compile
> > > & test before commenting ;)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > PS: before someone asks..
> > > To import it:
> > >
> > > $ git co master
> > > (you are in master, now)
> > >
> > > $ git co -b testbranch
> > > (you created a new branch from master called 'testbranch')
> > >
> > > $ git pull \
> > >
> > >   git://gitorious.org/rekonq/mainline.git \
> > >   refs/merge-requests/2282
> > >
> > > (import code in your branch & merge there)
> > > $ ..compile & test..
> > > Reply here ;)
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I like to have a more solid progress indicator, but since during loading
> > state the urlbar is not much more than a progressbar, I attached a patch
> > that is not finished but draws during loading the urlbar as a
> > progressbar.
> > So we are always in line with the current Qt/KDE theme.
> >
> > If you like it, I will work on that to iron it out.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Johannes
>
> I pretty much like this!
> There are of course some bugs (e.g. when using a style other than oxygen,
> the url in the url bar gets centered while loading, or the progressbar
> never reaches more than 50%), but to me it looks quite nice! This has also
> been requested some times by other users…

It seems that general wish is having solid progress color.
That's quite strange to me, because I remember an IRC discussion some months
ago, pushing for the same Arora loading animation.. That's why I implemented
the LinearGradient animation.

I'd like just to point out that I have no real objections in having
gradient/solid/no/other animation in the urlbar. I'd like just to avoid
changing it every release :)
So, turning on core discussion, I'm not sure that switching to solid color
helps to better read text inside. What about removing the animation?

Regards,

PS: please, NO option enable/disable it.. ;)