[rekonq] Crashes (Qt 4.7 / KDE 4.4.3)

Eelko Berkenpies kaboon at gmail.com
Tue May 25 19:42:29 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Christian Mikovits <gaelic at luchmhor.net>wrote:

> I also think its mostly a problem of qtwebkit.
>
> At the moment gmail is for me (qt-4.6.2, kde-4.4.3, rekonq latest git
> from today)
> And its also not working with konqueror and kpart-webkit.
>
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Benjamin Poulain
> <benjamin.poulain at nokia.com> wrote:
> > ext Eelko Berkenpies wrote:
> >> Just wondering, there are sites like http://www.nu.nl/ and
> >> http://www.tweakers.net/, which constantly make rekonq crash for me
> >> (segfaults, I currently haven't got any debugging info available). Does
> >> anyone else have this problem with these sites and are there any
> >> problems related regarding Qt 4.7 / KDE 4.4.x? I'm using Fedora 12/13,
> >> KDE 4.4.3, Qt 4.7 beta 1 (packaged from kde-redhat).
> >>
> >> Of course I could provide the needed debugging symbols but I'd like to
> >> ask first before I install the required debugging packages because my
> >> packaging manager will try to pull in a staggering 1.4GB worth of
> >> packages. :)
> >
> > No crash with WebKit trunk built with Qt 4.7 (QtLauncher though, not
> > rekonq).
> >
> > Qt 4.7 beta 1 uses an old branch of WebKit. It would be interesting to
> > test those websites with Qt 4.7 of gitorious.
> >
> > cheers,
> > Benjamin

First of all, thanks for your feedback guys.

It might be Qt / WebKit related then. The Fedora repository's I use hold a
qtwebkit package besides the regular Qt build (I think). I've been gone for
a little while so I'll try to figure out what/which one I need and if might
be a Fedora specific issue. I'll get back on it tomorrow, when I'm at work.
:)

Right, I wasn't paying attention (silly gmail) so here's a copy to the list
too (sorry Christian).

--
With kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Eelko Berkenpies
http://blog.berkenpies.nl/