[rekonq] Segfault after selecting nonexisting searchEngine

Johannes Zellner johannes.zellner at nokia.com
Fri May 21 14:02:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

I just enabled "wolfram" searchengine and got a segfault, since the
corresponding desktop file for this service is not installed.

I stepped through the code in this section a while and couldn't find a better
solution to handle the situation where "SearchEngine::defaultEngine()" simply
cannot return a valid SearchEngine pointer. So I attached a patch, that
defaults again back to the hardcoded default engine (atm its google...)

Hopefully someone of you have a nicer solution in mind ;-)

Regards,
Johannes

PS: Personally I like the sending-patch-to-mailinglist approach, only the
commit count is poor then ;-)